Sweet Relief Food Blogger Bake Sale
In an effort to raise money to aid the victims of Hurricane Sandy up in the North East, the Nashville Food Bloggers are having a bake sale on Saturday, November 10th from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. at The Well in Green Hills. All proceeds will benefit the Community Food Bank of New Jersey and their efforts to provide relief to those affected by the hurricane.
There are two ways you can join:
Some ideas for what you could bring include cookies, sandwich cookies, cupcakes, brownies, rice krispie treats, cake pops, whoopie pies, homemade candy, cinnamon rolls, quick breads, muffins, pretzels, etc. If you do plan to bake, here are a few requests:
- All baked goods should be dropped of between 12:15 and 12:45 on Saturday.
- If you cannot drop your baked goods off at the specified time, please get in touch. We have folks in East Nashville, West Nashville, and Germantown who are willing to collect baked goods ahead of time.
- Everything will be priced at $2, please bake accordingly. You may decide to, for example, package 2-3 small cookies together in a bag or cut your brownies to a specific size you feel warrants a $2 price tag.
- Please package your baked goods to make it easy for folks to purchase and take it with them. The packaging doesn’t have to be fancy, but loose cookies or messy cake slices floating around can be problematic. Treat bags, cello wrap, or gift boxes are great options. It doesn’t need to be fancy, just functional.
- Feel free to label your baked goods so people know what they are, we’ll also have little signs the day of so that everything is clearly labeled.
- Feel free also to bring your blog business cards or package them with your treats. Even better if you feel like sharing the recipe on your blog!
Now, you don't have to be a food blogger or even have a blog to bake and sell things. Just the ability to bake and package your confections appropriately. The other way you can participate is even easier:
COME TO THE EVENT!
First, RSVP on Facebook. For the day itself, play it safe, make things easy on everybody and bring cash. You probably also want to bring a bag in which you can carry your goods home because you'll want more than just one thing.
Expect really delicious, home-made sweets and treats. Get there as the sale starts because there's no guarantee the goodies will last till 4! Trust me, I've had a lot of cookies and cakes and baked goods made by these food bloggers and even I, with my lack of a sweet tooth, can't stop at just one piece.
See you there!